Security Measures at Rogers Arena
Canucks Sports & Entertainment’s top priority is to provide safe and world class experiences for all fans at Rogers Arena. CSE carefully follows the direction of local and national security agencies and continuously evolves strategies and procedures based on their guidance and information.
Fans will notice a couple new security measures at Rogers Arena this year, including a new bag policy that prohibits oversized bags (14” x 14” x 6” or 35cm x 35cm x 15cm) and an update on metal detectors.
For hockey games at Rogers Arena, doors open 1 hour (1.5 hours on October 7th, 2017) prior to puck drop. For concerts, fans are encouraged to check out RogersArena.com. Fans are reminded to please plan ahead and utilize early entry times to ensure they won’t miss any exciting action on the ice or at their concert.
New Bag Policy
Purses or bags that are larger than 14” x 14” x 6” (35cm x 35cm x 15cm) will not be allowed in Rogers Arena for any game or event. Guests will be required to return their bags to their vehicles or another secure area prior to admittance to Rogers Arena.
Metal Detectors (Magnetometers)
Please be advised that for all events held at Rogers Arena, including Vancouver Canucks games, security will utilize Walk-Through Metal Detectors (Magnetometers) to search all patrons entering the facility. Fans should keep the following in mind:
- Minimize the number of personal items you bring to the venue.
- Allow extra time for arriving to and entering the venue.
- Guests will be asked to place all loose items that may trigger the alarm, including cell phones and keys in a tray on the table before passing through the metal detector (Magnetometer) units.
- If the Metal Detector (Magnetometer) alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow your entry into the venue.
Why is this policy being adopted by Rogers Arena?
CSE is implementing the new policies based on best practice recommendations from local and national security agencies.
These enhanced security measures have been adopted by all 31 NHL venues, as well as most other large venues across North America.
What bags are prohibited into Rogers Arena?
Prohibited bags include but are not limited to; backpacks, luggage, duffle bags, oversized purses and any bag that exceeds 14” x 14” x 6” (35cm x 35cm x 15cm).
What am I permitted to bring into Rogers Arena?
- Service animals
- Unopened soft sided juice boxes
- Empty water bottles (Please note that water bottles containing liquid will not be allowed into Rogers Arena)
- Medical liquids
- Baby bottles
- Small purses
- Diaper bags after proper inspection
- Medically necessary items after proper inspection
Any item not on the approved items list will not be allowed into Rogers Arena unless otherwise approved and properly inspected.
Special consideration will be made for guests with special medical needs and individuals caring for infants.
Please see https://rogersarena.com/plan-your-visit/az-guide/ for more information on prohibited items.