Our Vanbase store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Shopify provides the e-commerce platform to sell products and services of Vanbase to you. For more information you should read Shopify’s Terms of Service (www.shopify.com/legal/terms) and Privacy Statement (www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect and maintain different types of personal information which, subject to applicable law, may include the following:
- information that helps us identify you and facilitates better communication such as your name, home address, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address and gender;
- credit and financial information you have provided to us, such as your income and credit/payment history; and
- other information, such as your birthdate, transaction history, purchase preferences and interests, occupation, marital and family status and other demographic information provided by you through market research, surveys, contests or other promotions, which enables us to improve our relationship with you or offer you goods and services which may be of interest or benefit to you.
The legal bases for our processing of personal information are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the CSE Sites and that the processing is carried out in our legitimate interests, including the following:
- to provide you with services or information that you have requested from us. This would include, for example, e-mail services, ticket information, contest information, mail-order/consumer product catalogues, merchandise offers and event information;
- to assist in administering, or processing transactions made on accounts established with us, such as season ticket member accounts, single game or event purchases;
- to evaluate, maintain, monitor and improve our customer relationship with you and provide you with offers, promotional materials and other marketing information about our goods and services, including, ticket, event and merchandise offers;
- to promote and market goods and services offered by the CSE Parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- to promote and market goods and services offered by selected organizations, such as our corporate partners, the National Hockey League (“NHL”), the National Lacrosse League (“NLL”), The Overwatch League, LLC and The Call of Duty League, LLC, which we think may be of interest to you;
- on the CSE Sites, we may use personal information to personalize the content or layout to customize and enhance the experience of your visit;
- to conduct or have conducted market research to enable us to improve the goods and services we offer;
- to administer promotions and contests conducted or administered by us for which you have registered to participate;
- to process customer/fan complaints/feedback; and
- to meet our legal obligations and to protect the business interests of the CSE Parties.
- If we intend to use this personal information for purposes not previously identified, we will identify this new purpose before such use.
If you do not wish to receive further communications from us about the goods and services of the CSE Parties and/or our corporate partners or if you do not wish to receive other notifications, you may unsubscribe (where such communication takes the form of a commercial electronic message) or ask us not to contact you for these purposes.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information in a number of different ways. For example, we collect information from you when you register for one of our contests or promotions, sign up for one of our e-newsletters (such as, “E-News”) or when you participate in market research studies conducted by us from time to time. We also collect your information when you subscribe to become one of our season ticket members or premium hospitality clients, or purchase goods or services from us, such as tickets. We may also collect your personal information when you request information from us to process a complaint that you have registered with us. We may acquire your name and address from list vendors to whom you have given your consent to send promotions or product information. We also have relationships with other companies, such as our corporate partners, advertisers and event promoters with whom we conduct joint marketing activities such as contests through which we may obtain your name and address and other information about you with your consent. Typically, the other parties involved are identified and information about their privacy practices is disclosed.
If you choose to connect your mobile device to the free in-arena Wi-Fi, we may collect information about your device, such as the type of device, its operating system, browser type and applications that use the Wi-Fi connection. We may also collect information about how the Wi-Fi is used, including how long a device is connected and the nature of the use (for instance, whether the device is browsing the Internet or using an app). We may also collect aggregate URL data and may block access to certain URLs. To stop the collection of information via in-arena Wi-Fi, disconnect from the in-arena Wi-Fi network.
Collection on or through CSE Sites
We may also use tracking pixels using Google Tag Manager, Meta Pixel or other similar services. We may share information about you from cookies, device identifiers, location data and usage data with entities that are CSE Parties or become part of the CSE Parties.
Web servers serving the CSE Sites may automatically collect information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for our internal website business purposes, for example, to tailor content on CSE Sites or to assess the amount of traffic to the CSE Sites. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
We also work with third party social media platforms (such as Twitter and Facebook) to collect personal information through the CSE Sites for the purposes of conversion tracking (that is, to track whether your clicking on our advertisement led to a transaction such as a purchase) and so that we (or our third party advertising service providers) may, within our advertising network, serve you advertisements more relevant to your preferences.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Except as set out below, we will not sell, rent, transfer, or disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent. We may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties for the purpose of administering, processing, or fulfilling an order or service you have requested on our behalf, or process market research information collected, such as mailing houses, contest administration, etc. We will insist that any such third parties maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we provide them and implement appropriate safeguards to prevent its unauthorized disclosure;
- to law enforcement and governmental entities when required by law. For greater clarity, we may disclose personal information or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable law, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
In addition, we may provide your non-sensitive personal information (such as name, address, contact information and ticket membership status, if applicable) to our corporate partners and advertisers so that we or they may send you offers and information relating to products and services that may be of interest to you (subject to compliance with Canada’s anti-spam legislation).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the personal information in our possession. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or store on the CSE Sites or other services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If you believe your personal information has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
Access to Your Information
We will give you access to the information we retain about you. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. Upon your request, you shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look after your request.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (v) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (vi) the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vii) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions; (viii) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/index_en.htm
Information Requested from Children
In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children via the CSE Sites, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting data on the CSE Sites, such as in our fan chat rooms (when available). We do not require children to register or to otherwise disclose personal information to participate in the activities in any youth-focused section of the CSE Sites. Where children are asked to register, the kind of information they are required to provide will not intrude on their privacy rights.
We may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests. In this case, the child will be asked only to provide his or her name, age and parent’s contact information. We will use the information only to notify the contest winner’s parent, and will require that the winner’s parent provide us with whatever information and authorization is needed to allow the child to claim the prize.
If you have any comments or questions on policies related to children’s data or about our commitment to protecting your and your children’s privacy, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, the National Lacrosse League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected by the CSE Parties.
[Last Update: February 2023]